Forum fédéral canne et bâton
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Forum fédéral canne et bâton

Le forum de toutes les disciplines de la canne de combat

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : ...
Voir le deal

Going international - questions and answers [eng]

+6
Gargamel
bucheron
dubreuil
Philippe Breucker
julie
sz332
10 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
sophie leclerc
best of bavard
best of bavard
sophie leclerc

Féminin

Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Going international - questions and answers [eng]   Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 EmptyJeu 2 Oct - 14:16

http://www.budointernational.com/html/filipino/filipino23.htm

direct link to the Canne de COmbat DVD on the budo international site

Bucheron, in English we say "translator" Wink

I will have a better idea after the "stage" next week in Maryland with Bertrand exactly what this sport translation entails, as I am going to translate for him. I wish you Canadians could come down for that!
In fact I have a document to translate for said event, which I would like to send to you and Claude, if you have the time to look at it.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
arno
best of bavard
best of bavard
arno

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Going international - questions and answers [eng]   Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 EmptyJeu 2 Oct - 14:45

hi everyone!

i think that the best way for you to improve skills for competition is really to practice with people like bertrand dubreuil or yonnel kurtz who allready organized training periods in several coutries...

maybe you can some day invite one of them to show you the basics for competition and explain the points you can't understand alone or by watching videos or reading.

i remember last year, in december , the "stage" in paris, some german guy interrested in french stick fighting but completely beginner, who spent the weekend with us, and made some amazing stuff at the end!

bucheron is right, you should send one of your people to an adapted training period... if i'm going too, it will be a pleasure for me to translate!!! my spoken english is tired, but it could be a cool way to work on it!!!
bucheron
best of bavard
best of bavard
bucheron

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Going international - questions and answers [eng]   Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 EmptyJeu 2 Oct - 20:04

Citation :
In fact I have a document to translate for said event, which I would like to send to you and Claude, if you have the time to look at it
it will be my pleisure, I think you have my e-mail?

I dont like the term translator, since a translation is a mathematical operation (mouving a object truw a vector)
sophie leclerc
best of bavard
best of bavard
sophie leclerc

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Going international - questions and answers [eng]   Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 EmptyJeu 2 Oct - 21:38

hmm i guess it is in math, but in language it's the word we use to go from one language to another and gives the idea of slippage, or crossing over hidden things, trans latere/latuere, though traduction would go back to the original Latin traducere to drag out/across, from which of course we get TRACTOR. and getting from one language to another is like slogging through fields sometimes. but hey you can use neologisms if you want to. eh maybe it's just a CANADIANISME? scratch
bucheron
best of bavard
best of bavard
bucheron

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Going international - questions and answers [eng]   Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 EmptyVen 3 Oct - 0:35

or it might be a "bucheronisme" like tonton said... Laughing
pirates
coucou ! j'arrive !
coucou ! j'arrive !
pirates

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Going international - questions and answers [eng]   Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 EmptyVen 3 Oct - 3:49

well translation in math is moving an object along a vector, where the object keeps it's main properties and ends up in a diferent place (for example when we move the axis base etc)... so it is kind off analog to translation in languge

hope you know what i mean Smile

anyhow this is way offtopic santa
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Going international - questions and answers [eng]   Going international - questions and answers [eng] - Page 2 Empty

Going international - questions and answers [eng]
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2